All Guest Player forms need to accompany the game sheet and be handed to the referee before the start of each game that the guest player is participating.
Any team that plays an ineligible player will forfeit the game.
Important Coach Information
Please read through carefully as your team will be responsible to understand all the information
1. All communication (phone calls and emails) between teams and tournament staff is to be done through the team officials; coach, assistant coach or manager that are listed on the official team roster. We will accept emails from a tournament rep that is not listed on the roster as long as the coach is copied on all emails.
2. When communicating through emails, always state your team name, gender and age group, this will save time for tournament staff when replying.
3. Coaches and managers are responsible to communicate important tournament information to their team’s players and parents, we ask that players and parents do not contact the tournament staff directly.
4. Coaches and managers are responsible to know, understand and follow all tournament rules, especially the rules for guest players/trialists. Any team found to have played an ineligible player(s) will forfeit the game.
5. Team officials are responsible for the behaviour of their players, parents and spectators at all times during the tournament. Any team showing unsportsmanlike behavior will be disciplined and unruly spectators may be asked to leave the tournament field area. Any verbal abuse to referees, staff and volunteers by any team may result in immediate expulsion from the tournament.
6. Coaches please check in at site Headquaters before your first game. If needed you can play your first game and then sign in your team if that is more convenient, but we ask all to check in.
7. Scores and team stats will be posted on the official Spring Challenge website.
8. All teams are required to provide their own first aid kit along with ice packs in case of injury.
9. If needed teams may use bench parents to assist the team on the bench, bench parents do not need to be listed on the official team roster. All teams must have at least 1 team official or bench parent of the same gender as the players.
10. In the event that both teams are wearing like colors, the home team will be required to change jerseys or wear pinnies as determined by the referee
11. The Mercy Rule will be in place for the tournament. No team will be given more than a 5 goal win differential. Tie-Breaking procedures will use stats AFTER the mercy rule is applied. For example if a team wins 6-0, they will only receive credit for 5-0 regardless of actual score.
12. Schedules for the tournament will be available on the website by Wednesday May 27, 2023. Once the schedules are posted, they are final and changes can only be made if there is an error. We do our best to accommodate special requests, but that is not always possible.
13. Once the schedules are posted you will be able to print your game sheets, you will only need 1 game sheet per game and you will give the game sheet to the referee at the start of each game. ONLY Tournament game sheets will be allowed.
14. All teams are expected to attend their scheduled games with an minimum of 5 players for U9 teams, 6 players for U11 teams and 7 players for U13, U15, U17 and U19 teams, and are expected to compete in every game until completion. Any team failing to do so will be assessed an administration fee of up to $500.
15. All teams receiving a medal are expected to attend the medal ceremonies. Any medal-winning team that does not attend medal ceremonies without receiving prior permission from main tournament headquarters will be assessed a fee of $100.
Headquarter locations by age group: Subject to change, depends on number of teams entered for each age group
U9 teams - TBA
U11 teams - TBA
U13, U15, U17 & U19 teams - TBA
16. Proof of player registration must be carried with the teams at all times (provincial registration roster as well as any player cards). The referee will not be checking player cards during the tournament, but you should carry them with you in case of a dispute.
Parking at some of the fields will be very limited during the tournament.. We ask all participants to be considerate when parking their vehicles that they are not blocking personal driveways and are parking only in designated parking spots. If possible we ask teams to car pool to the field to avoid over crowding at the fields.
NEW maps of fields at each location. Click the links below to see where the field is located at each site.